1. This promotion is open to STRAVA users aged 18 or over and resident in England and Wales, other than employees, and their immediate families, of Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited (the Promoter), their associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
2. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a reward may be withheld until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
How to Enter
3. To enter this promotion, you will require a smartphone with an internet connection and with the Strava Inc. STRAVATM Run, Ride, Hike mobile application (STRAVA) installed. No purchase is necessary.
4. In STRAVA, navigate to the “Challenges” section of the “Groups” tab and select the challenge “Wainwright: Worth the Walk” (Challenge).
5. Complete the Challenge by joining and recording 150 minutes of any qualifying activity detailed in the Challenge description. To be eligible to receive a Reward (as defined below), participants must complete the Challenge and claim their Reward between between 00:00hr on 1 June 2023 and 23:59hr on 07 July 2023 (Reward Claim Period).
6. The Challenge starts and ends based on each participant’s local time zone. GPS, virtual, and manual activities will count towards the Challenge. Please refer to the qualifying activities section for details. There is no minimum time per activity. Activities visible to “Everyone”, “Only You” or “Followers” are eligible for the Challenge. Your followers may see notifications that you’ve joined or completed the Challenge, but your activities will remain private according to your privacy controls in STRAVA.
7. Activities logged during the Challenge must be uploaded to STRAVA before expiry of the Reward Claim Period. Participants are responsible for ensuring all activites are uploaded to STRAVA and the Challenge is completed with sufficient time to claim their Reward.
8. A Reward may only be claimed by the person who entered and completed the Challenge. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries or claims for a Reward which are lost, delayed, corrupted or not received within the Reward Claim Period for any reason. Proof of sending shall not be deemed to be proof of receipt.
9. A maximum of one Reward may be claimed per person during the Reward Claim Period. Completion of the Challenge on more than one occasion will not entitle a participant to receive more than one Reward.
10. Any instructions provided at the point of entry (see the “Details and Eligibility” section of the Challenge in STRAVA) form part of the terms and conditions of this promotion. In the event of a conflict, these terms and conditions take precedence.
11. Each participant to successfully complete the Challenge will be entitled to receive one free pint of either Wainwright Golden Beer or Wainwright Amber Beer (Reward) at a participating Marston’s, Punch or other selected “on trade” licenced premises (Premises). A list of participating Premises is available here. The variant of the Reward is subject to availability at each Premises.
12. There are a total of 5,000 Rewards available to be claimed during the Reward Claim Period and are made available on a “first come, first served” basis. This promotion will end before expiry of the Reward Claim Period if all 5,000 Rewards are claimed within that period.
13. The Reward is non-transferable and no cash or other alternative will be offered, save that the Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative product of equal value in place of a Reward if circumstances make this necessary.
14. Please drink responsibly. Normal rules as to the sale of drinks will apply and service is at the discretion of Premises management at all time.
How to Claim
15. Upon completion of the Challenge in STRAVA, participants will be directed to a landing page on which they may claim their Reward via SMS message.
16. Participants must follow the instructions provided on the landing page and via SMS message to receive a digital “scratch card” (Coupon) to their smartphone. Please show your Coupon to your server at the Premises when ordering to claim your Reward. Your server will “scratch” the Coupon to reveal the code required to claim your Reward. Please do not “scratch” the Coupon yourself, as this will invalidate your claim and mean you cannot receive your Reward.
17. Each Coupon is valid for one Reward only and must be redeemed before expiry of the Reward Claim Period. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any failure or inability of a participant to redeem their Coupon by this date.
18. If a Reward is declined or a participant fails to claim a Reward as required by these Terms and Conditions before expiry of the Reward Claim Period, that participant’s entitlement to a Reward will be forfeited. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any inability of a participant to take up a Reward.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and / or revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving prior notice and, by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision, participants shall be deemed to have agreed to the amended terms.
21. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these terms and conditions or if it has any reason to believe that efforts have been made to distort the competitive process or spirit of the promotion. This includes any individual found to be attempting to circumvent this clause by tampering with the operation of the promotion, setting up multiple accounts or using multiple identities. No bulk, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted. The Promoter’s decision as to any aspect of this promotion is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
22. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
23. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
24. This promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited, Marston’s House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton, England, WV1 4JT
Please drink responsibly. Bedrinkaware.co.uk.
1. This promotion is operated and administered on behalf of Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Limited (the Promoter) whose company number is 00078439 and registered office address is Marston’s House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton WV1 4JT.
2. The Promoter has engaged Zeal Creative Limited (company number 08949923) whose registered office address is 70 Market Street, Tottington, Bury, BL8 3LJ (Zeal) to operate and administer the promotion and has engaged Hashting UK Limited (company number 12242883) whose registered office address is Wisteria Grange Barn, Pikes End, Pinner, Middlesex HA5 2EX (Hashting) to fulfil the rewards that are available to claim as part of this promotion.
4. The personal data that you provide in order to claim a reward in accordance with the terms and conditions of this promotion (Terms and Conditions) will be collected and used by Hashting for the purposes of providing you with the coupon or code required to claim your reward. The Terms and Conditions are the legal basis for Hashting’s processing of your personal data. If you do not provide your personal data, Hashting cannot process your claim or provide you with the means to claim a reward.
5. Hashting will not keep your personal data for any longer than it needs to, either to comply with the law or to fulfil its obligations to you and other third parties.
6. In accordance with the applicable data protection laws and regulations, Hashting reminds you that, at any time you may exercise your rights of access, rectification, deletion, limitation of treatment, opposition to treatment, including a right to require that Hashting erases your personal data (but note that this will mean that you cannot receive or take up the reward), a right to amend your data and the right to ask to port (transfer) your data directly to another organisation by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. If you believe that Hashting is not treating your personal data in accordance with the law, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office or other competent authority. You can find more details at their website https://ico.org.uk/.
9. Neither the Promoter or Zeal will receive or process any personal data in connection with this promotion.